- An Olympian makes a slur on Twitter and is banned from competing and representing her country.
- A pro sports team owner is fined by his league for Tweeting out information about a new collective bargaining agreement before it was finalized.
- A Presidential candidate is secretly videotaped on a smartphone at a fundraiser and his controversial comments go viral online.
- An athlete loses endorsement deals after an evening of public intoxication makes headlines.
- A corporate CEO engages in a Twitter battle with a customer and the comments are highlighted across the internet causing the company humiliation.
- An employee who is critical of his company to Facebook friends loses his job after the comments find their way to management.
Everything Is On The Record provides individual and group training sessions that include:
- An overview of today’s New Media environment
- Vivid examples of success and failure with social media
- Tips to help you give a great interview
- How to determine and prepare your key messages
- Developing stories that stick and break through the clutter
- How to build rapport with the media and be at your best during interviews
- Media do’s and don’ts
- How to manage difficult situations
- Examples of real world successes and failures with the media
- How to effectively communicate your brand
- How to navigate the tricky waters of social media.
- Tips on using social media as a tool that will benefit your personal brand and the brands of your team, company and partners.
- Recognizing and strategizing around your non-verbal communicators
- What to do in a crisis
- Mock on-camera interviews and press conferences
- Video clips of mock on-camera interviews
- Post-training monitoring and feedback
- We are also available to train broadcasters and on-air talent as well as provide ongoing coaching and feedback post-training.
Whether you’re an athlete, coach, politician, CEO or a corporate spokesperson, we’ll show you how to communicate effectively with the masses in today’s world of citizen journalism where everything is on the record.
And just like any great coach, we’ll help you practice your new skills, and we’ll be there to provide constructive feedback every step of the way.
We typically conduct half-day and full-day media training sessions with our clients. We are happy to work with you to put together a package that best suits your needs. Contact us today and we can quote you a rate based on your specific needs.